If you have a pack of bandages and first aid equipment handy in case something goes wrong with your furnace, now there’s a better way to deal with the sudden loss of heat. And that’s to prevent any such problems in the first place.
The best way to do that? With a furnace cleaning and inspection from Service Pros Inc., a service we provide for home owners throughout the Greater Memphis and Jackson areas.
Here are just some of the steps include in our cleaning and inspection:
- Check thermostat settings to ensure your furnace keeps you comfortable without wasting fuel and energy.
- Clean or replace your filter as needed.
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors. Faulty electrical connections can shut your system down and, worse yet, lead to an electrical fire.
- Lubricate all moving parts. That lessens the amount of friction between parts and helps keep your electricity bill in line.
- Inspect heat exchanger for cracks or wear and tear. A crack or leak in your heat exchanger can send dangerous levels of carbon monoxide gas into your home.
- Check system controls to ensure efficient and safe operation.
- Check your flue pipe for corrosion. A properly working flue pipe vents carbon monoxide outside to help keep your family safe from harm.
- Start and test your furnace to ensure it’s working properly.
Ultimately, there’s no furnace repair quite as effective as preventative maintenance. In other words, contact Service Pros today to schedule our furnace cleaning and inspection service, and you should be able to enjoy worry-free home heating all winter long.