Water heating accounts for approximately 14 percent of your home’s annual energy costs. That makes it the third largest “energy consumer” in your home. Only your heating and cooling systems consume more.
That’s reason enough to schedule a water heater performance and safety inspection from Service Pros. But just for good measure, here are four more:
- Over time, sediment deposits build up inside your water heater storage tank; these can hinder its performance and cause your tank to crack and leak.
- Gas water heaters are capable of leaking carbon monoxide gas. That can lead to serious health issues for you and other family members.
- Other things can go wrong with your water heater, too, including temperature fluctuations, internal corrosion that causes rust-colored hot water, leaking around the bottom of your storage tank, and more.
- The average lifespan of a water heater is only about 12 years, and yet with annual preventive maintenance, yours can perform better and last longer.
So, there you have them – FIVE very good reasons to schedule a water heater inspection, including improved energy efficiency. Here are just a few of the steps included in our inspection:
- Check for water leaks. Leaking water is an indication of internal corrosion. The sooner that’s detected and repaired, the better off you’ll be.
- Drain and flush your tank. By getting rid of built up such corrosive elements as calcium, manganese, and iron, we can help protect the interior lining of your storage tank and extend your system’s lifespan.
- Test the temperature pressure relief valve. This is a safety device designed to relieve pressure from an overheated water heater. Without a properly functioning TP relief valve, a storage tank could eventually explode.
- Clean your burner assembly. A dirty burner assembly lessens the efficiency of your water heater and can damage the system.
- Test your gas valve to help ensure your family’s safety.
- Check for proper venting of carbon monoxide. Yet another important safety precaution.
So, for improved water heater performance, added safety for your home and family, and all the hot water you need, contact Service Pros today to schedule our water heater performance and safety inspection. It’s the right call for anyone who wants more from their water heater.